Latest Coastal/Lakeshore Hazard Messages by KLOX
Issued 1/23/2021 9:28 PM US/Pacific.
Valid through 1/26/2021 10:00 PM US/Pacific.
whus46 klox 241401
san luis obispo county central coast-
santa barbara county central coast-
601 am pst sun jan 24 2021
...high surf advisory remains in effect from 2 pm this afternoon
to 10 pm pst tuesday...
* what...large breaking will build to 8 to 12 feet with local sets
to 15 feet this afternoon, then peak at 14 to 18 feet with local
sets to 20 feet monday and monday night. surf will gradually
* where...san luis obispo county central coast and santa barbara
county central coast.
* when...from 2 pm this afternoon to 10 pm pst tuesday.
* impacts...there is an increased risk for ocean drowning. rip
currents can pull swimmers and surfers out to sea. large
breaking waves can cause injury, wash people off beaches and
rocks, and capsize small boats near shore.
* additional details...local minor coastal flooding or tidal
overflow is possible in low-lying coastal areas such as beach
parking lots and harbor walkways within a few hours of the high
tides monday and tuesday. some beach erosion is also expected.
remain out of the water due to dangerous surf conditions, or stay
near occupied lifeguard towers. rock jetties can be deadly in
such conditions, stay off the rocks.